Sotheby’s needed a partner to power their generative art program, which they planned to use with the first on-chain project from Vera Molnár, a 99-year-old generative art pioneer. They were looking for a technology solution capable of providing minting, on-chain art storage, and a Dutch auction mechanism.
Art Blocks Engine provided a comprehensive suite of web3 generative art products and services, ensuring the project's successful launch. Our collaboration saw remarkable success, with 500 editions selling out and generating 550 ETH ($1.03M) at the time of sale. Secondary trading has accumulated over 1600 ETH in volume to date.
- Smart contract development and deployment on both testnet and mainnet, incorporating access to AB APIs, rendering technology, and file storage.
- Training sessions with Sotheby’s partners to guide them in utilizing smart contract functions effectively.
- A dedicated artist staging site facilitating seamless test versions and edits for Vera Molnár and Martin Grasser before the official launch.
- Web3 developer connection for building a branded mint site, complemented by a customized front-end site template tailored for generative art projects.
- Joint marketing efforts to enhance project visibility.
- Continuous account and technical support throughout the pre-launch, launch, and post-launch phases.